“I DID MY DUTY… NOW I DRIVE HEAVY DUTY” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “I Did my Duty… Now I Drive Heavy Duty” Contest (the “Contest”) is a trade promotion only open to legal U.S. residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older , who are Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces (defined below), who are currently physically residing in the U.S., and who are employed as a commercial, heavy truck driver (must have a valid, current Commercial Driver’s License) as of the date of entry and time of prize award (the “Entrant”). For purposes of this Contest, “Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces” is defined as those individuals who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard) of the United States and were released with a discharge characterized as honorable.
Employees, officers and directors of Lund, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the "Sponsor"), The Ohana Companies, Inc. (“Administrator”) and each of their distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Contest, including, but not limited to, the entities supplying the prizes herein as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, including foster and step relations, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. The Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Entrants have the responsibility to review and understand applicable U.S. government policies and/or their employer’s policies (“policies”) and all applicable laws, rules and regulations (“laws”) regarding eligibility to participate in trade promotions including this Contest. If an individual is participating in violation of any policies or laws, that individual will be disqualified from this Contest, or from receiving a prize. Prizes will be awarded to and in the name of an individual, and not to their employer or business. Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability and responsibility related to this matter.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 12, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on January 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
3. HERE’S HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period, eligible Entrants are invited to visit www.belmor.com/vetcontest (“Contest Site”) and follow the instructions to answer all essay questions in a total of 750 words or less, including all Essay Requirements outlined in item #4 of these Official Rules , and submit their Essay answers (“Essay”).. Entry Instructions: Entrants must complete all fields on the registration form including their first and last name, complete home address (street, city, state and zip code), phone number, email address, and answer all questions in full in order to complete their Essay submission (all information together, an “ Entry”). All Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on January 15, 2019 in order to be eligible. Proof of submission of an Entry is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor or eligibility for the Contest. Each Entrant must write their own Essay and must include all of the Essay Requirements in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Incomplete Essays, Essays that do not include each Essay Requirement, and Essay questions not answered by the Entrant will be disqualified. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple Entries from any individual/email address will automatically be disqualified. Prior winners in the “I Did My Duty…Now I Drive Heavy Duty Contest” are not eligible to enter or win.
4. ESSAY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with these Official Rules. Each Entrant’s Essay must answer the following questions: (1) What branch of service were you in? (2) How long did you serve? (3) Where did you serve? (4) What was your rank and position? (5) What made you decide to enter the field of heavy truck driving? (6) What makes you enjoy your job and connects you to the trucking world and fellow truck drivers? and (7) Why would you like to win the Grand Prize (as defined below)? The Essay may not contain or allude to obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate conduct, images or text including nudity, acts of violence or cruelty, or acts that appear to cause harm, property damage, or are illegal/dangerous, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Essay content that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, highlights Sponsor in a negative way, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, or mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. The Essay must not include any discriminatory, hateful or inciteful references, any commercial solicitation, promotional materials or URL address, or an address, phone number or a name without that person’s permission. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize an Essay from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Essay qualifies. All Essays must be the sole, original work of the Entrants and must not have been previously submitted, published, or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means. All Essays must be in English. By submitting an Essay, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Essays or excerpts of Essays (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, social media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you/any additional person(s) may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the essay. You further agree to waive any moral rights in and to the Essay. Automated, script, macro or robotic Essays suspected of being submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Essays must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, or the Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest.
5. JUDGING TO DETERMINE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: All eligible Entries received will be blind-judged by a panel of judges designated by the Sponsor, on or by approximately January 29, 2019, based on the following criteria: emotional engagement of reader created by the Essay (25%); reason and purpose for entering the heavy truck-driving field (25%); Entrant’s participation in and connection with the truck-driving industry since becoming a driver (25%); and persuasiveness of reasons provided by the Entrant in wanting to attend the Mid-America Trucking Show (25%) (“Judging Criteria”), to determine one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on the emotional engagement of reader created by the Essay. The Entrant with the highest combined judges' scores will be deemed the winner, subject to verification of compliance with these Official Rules (“Grand Prize Winner”). Decisions of Sponsor (or Administrator or judges on Sponsor’s behalf) are final and binding in all respects. Scores for any Essay will not be made public at any time.
6. PRIZE: Contest Grand Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The Grand Prize Winner will receive a four (4) day/three (3) night trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) adult Guest (defined below) to Louisville, Kentucky for the Mid-America Trucking Show (“Event”), anticipated to be held approx. March 28 – 30, 2019 (“Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize includes round-trip coach class air transportation to Louisville, Kentucky from the U.S. major airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s home, three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations at a Sponsor-designated hotel [one (1) room/double occupancy, room and tax only], two (2) VIP Event tickets as a guest of the Sponsor, a daily per diem of $200 for Grand Prize Winner and guest only (a total of $800 cash awarded in the form of check or gift card, at Sponsor’s sole discretion) that can be used for meals, ground transportation and other incidentals, and select travel agent services. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport at point of origin. ARV: $2,575, but varies depending on point of departure. Any difference between the ARV listed herein and actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner lives within a 150-mile radius of Louisville, Kentucky (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), Grand Prize Winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided for the air transportation portion of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on same itinerary and be available to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, which are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, the entire Grant Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected, time permitting. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within the Grand Prize description, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize is permitted except as specifically stated in these Official Rules and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must adhere to all Event regulations while on premises, including start and end time. Event is subject to the rain-check and cancellation policies of the Event organizer, which are not the responsibility of Sponsor. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or Guest acts in a disruptive manner or engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is unsportsmanlike, inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause property damage or loss, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, or eject them from the Event, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner may not exchange the Grand Prize (or any prize component) for cash or any other merchandise or services. Any portion of the Grand Prize that is not accepted or is unclaimed and/or unused by the Grand Prize Winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, assignment or substitution of the Grand Prize or any element thereof is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be the only prize awarded.
7. GRAND PRIZE NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to the Administrator, within seven (7) days of receipt, an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release and assignment of rights (the "Required Documents") in order to claim the Grand Prize. If a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected. Guest of Grand Prize Winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence) (“Guest”) and sign and return a liability/publicity release (“Release”) prior to travel, granting permission for his/her name and likeness to be featured in any and all media relating to the Contest. Grand Prize Winner’s and/or Guest’s failure to sign and return the Required Documents/Release within the required time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and determination of an alternate Grand Prize Winner, time permitting. The Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize he/she receives, including, but not limited to, all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Grand Prize Winner must report income to the Internal Revenue Service. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that such potential Grand Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be determined, time permitting.
8. GENERAL: By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, Administrator and judges which shall be final in all respects relating to the Contest, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development, production or execution of the Contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all alleged or actual injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including but not limited to those for personal injury or death resulting from participation in the Contest or any element thereof, or acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof; and [c] if a Grand Prize Winner, to the use of their name, business name, voice, and image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor and Sponsor's subsidiaries and affiliates without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Entries, and email submitted to Sponsor and/or Administrator. Sponsor, its licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development, production or execution of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for [a] printing, distribution or production errors and Sponsor may rescind, cancel or revoke this Contest based upon any printing, distribution, production or other error without liability at its sole discretion; [b] electronic transmission errors, loss, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction of Entries; [c] lost, late, or illegible Required Documents; [d] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; and [e] limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems. Sponsor and/or Administrator are not responsible for any force majeure condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest, the Event, or any elements thereof to be disrupted, corrupted, cancelled or delayed.
Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Administrator. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
The Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical/Contest Site malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, problems, errors or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, cable, satellite, servers, Internet Service Providers (ISP), or software, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest; inability to access the Contest Site or any web pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries or votes; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, mechanical, network, electronic or other malfunctions or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including the Contest Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; or for other errors or problems, whether mechanical, technical, network, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the submission or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. Proof of entering information at the Contest Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible (and all associated Entries will be void).
If, for any reason whatsoever, this Contest, in Sponsor's sole judgment, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, fraud, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time and determine the Grand Prize based on the judging criteria listed above from all eligible Entries received prior to termination or modification. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF GEORGIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Entrants are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations including but not limited to tax and similar filing and/or reporting obligations imposed by the Federal, state and local authorities. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, and any other disputes that cannot be informally resolved between the parties arising out of or connected with this Contest or any element thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to and waive their rights to claim any form of class action, exclusively before a neutral one person arbitration panel located in Buford, GA.
Entrants covenant not to sue any Released Party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released herein; and further covenant not to disaffirm, limit or rescind these releases to the fullest extent permitted by law. A waiver by one or more of the Released Parties of any term in these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of any other provision. In no event will the Released Parties be responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of this Contest, participation in Contest and/or prize related activities, the use or misuse of the prize or any element thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, the Grand Prize is provided "AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by any government authority or agency in the United States.
9. SPONSOR: Lund, Inc., 4325 Hamilton Mill Road, Suite 400, Buford, GA 30518.
10. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator of the Contest is The Ohana Companies, LLC, 1405 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803, who is responsible for Grand Prize Winner verification and overseeing the awarding of the Grand Prize, and whose decisions are final in regard to the conduct of the Contest.
11. WINNERS' LIST REQUEST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, available on or about February 28, 2019, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2019, to “I Did my Duty…Now I Drive Heavy Duty” Contest Winner, PO Box 7770, Wilmington, DE 19803.